Message from President Ross French
To the UCR family,
For 35 years, UC Riverside Staff Assembly has worked to promote the interests and well-being of represented and non-represented staff at UCR. It is my privilege to further this tradition of service by serving as the president of UCRSA for the 2018-19 academic year.
All UC Riverside staff members are considered to be members of Staff Assembly. Our mission is to support staff and the university by providing support in three broad areas. These are:
- Milestone recognition held at our general meetings
- Monthly Get Recognized Program
- Outstanding Staff Awards
- Outreach events
- Annual holiday event
- End-of-the-year celebration
Personal, Professional, and Career Development
- Scholarships available to assist with degree attainment, books, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Providing staff with the opportunity to build experience in areas outside their normal day-to-day job.
- Partnering with organizations such as Administrative Management Professions (AMP), Leaders of Excellence and Distinction (LEAD), and Human Resources and to maximize personal and professional development opportunities.
- Working with senior administration, management, and faculty leaders to address topics of concern for staff and to promote opportunities for professional development.
The president and vice president also serve on the Council of University of California Staff Assemblies (CUCSA). The mission of CUCSA is to maintain and enhance communication across the UC’s 10 campuses, labs and organizations on matters of interest to staff employees. CUCSA also partners with University of California Human Resources to send out the bi-annual Staff Engagement Survey.
The Staff Assembly Executive Board is made up of 12 of your colleagues who are, in turn, supported by dozens of volunteers, all working to make UCR a better place for all. We simply could not exist without them. If you would like to become a volunteer, please contact us.
We are also grateful to those individuals who support Staff Assembly financially through our Society ’54 payroll deduction program. This program provides our organization with a regular source of income that we can use to help support our efforts. If you have enjoyed or benefitted from a Staff Assembly event or program and have the means to give back, it is easy to do. Please visit our website to learn how to make a one-time or ongoing gift.
In conclusion, while staff don’t have a defined role in the shared governance model of the University of California system, there is no question that we play a key role in every aspect of the day-to-day operations of this university. Thus, we can and should take pride in every aspect of UCR’s success, in every research breakthrough, in every student who receives their degree. Without staff, the University of California would not be the premiere research university it is today.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and for all that you do to support the University of California, Riverside. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.