Halloween Costume Contest
Monday, Oct. 2 - Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023
UCR Staff Assembly invites all UCR staff to participate in our annual Halloween costume contest! The contest is open from Saturday, Oct. 1 - Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022. Please review the complete rules and categories below.
- Most participants (maximum of 20 people per photo)
- Best theme
- Best solo costume
- People’s choice (most likes on Instagram -- likes will be counted on the Staff Assembly profile's post ONLY)
- Staff Assembly’s choice
Costumes must be appropriate for work. We ask that all costume choices reflect cultural sensitivity by recognizing that costuming based on simplistic ethnic, racial, gender, religious, disability and other hurtful stereotypes disrespects cultural identities by reducing them to caricature.
- Maximum of 20 participants per photo.
- One photo submission per household / office / department / unit / immediate work group (pick your best photo).
- No photoshop • No photo-illustration • No extensive retouching • No graphic filters.
- Acceptable adjustments: Levels, brightness, contrast, curves, exposure, desaturate, Instagram filters, VSCO filters etc.
- Unacceptable extensive retouching - examples: Recoloring skin, photoshopping additional elements into photos, distorting, skewing, rotating, scaling, warping, perspective changing, or applying filters with graphic/animated elements (e.g. Snapchat / Instagram / Facebook / TikTok / etc.).
- Play fair, make it tasteful, and be creative.
- Submission is due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1. Please email your contest submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: Contest entries must be received by email to be eligible.)
- Please include a caption, your photo theme or category, any personal Facebook or Instagram tags you would like us to include, and the department or individuals who are participating in the photo. We need to know who to grant the prize to if you win!
- Costumes do not have to be worn all day.
For fun, you can also post your Halloween photos (including pictures of your home Halloween decorations, your family's costume, or your pet's costume) to social media and tag Staff Assembly! These will not count as contest entries, but are a fun way for us to build community.
Prizes will include: a pizza party for your office, donuts and pastries for your office, gift cards, and more!
Winners of each category will be chosen during the week after the contest ends and will be announced on social media.
Please email Julie Salgado.