Halloween Costume Contest
Friday, Oct. 1 - Monday, Nov. 1, 2021
UCR Staff Assembly invites all UCR staff to participate in our annual Halloween costume contest! The contest is open from Friday, Oct. 1 - Monday, Nov. 1, 2021. Please review the complete rules and categories below.
- Most participants (maximum of 20 people per photo)
- Best theme
- Best solo costume
- People’s choice (most likes on Facebook)
- Staff Assembly’s choice
- Best home Halloween decorations
- Best family costume
- Best pet costume
Costumes must be appropriate for work. We ask that all costume choices reflect cultural sensitivity by recognizing that costuming based on simplistic ethnic, racial, gender, religious, disability and other hurtful stereotypes disrespects cultural identities by reducing them to caricature.
- Maximum of 20 participants per photo.
- One photo submission per household / office / department / unit / immediate work group (pick your best photo).
- No photoshop • No photo-illustration • No extensive retouching • No graphic filters.
- Acceptable adjustments: Levels, brightness, contrast, curves, exposure, desaturate, Instagram filters, VSCO filters etc.
- Unacceptable extensive retouching - Example: Recoloring skin, photoshopping additional elements into photos, distorting, skewing, rotating, scaling, warping, perspective changing, or applying filters with graphic/animated elements (e.g. Snapshot / Instagram / Facebook / TikTok / etc.).
- Play fair, make it tasteful and be creative.
- Submission is due by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 1. Please email your contest submission to email@example.com. (Note: Remember you no longer have to post your photos to social media. We will post the photos for you via Facebook.)
- Winners of each category will be chosen the following week of submission and will be announced via social media.
- Please include a caption including your photo theme, any personal Facebook tags you would like us to include, and the department or individuals in or responsible for the photo. (we need to know who to grant the prize to if you win).
- Costumes do not have to be worn all day.
Questions? Email Julie Salgado.