Staff Assembly Halloween Costume Contest
Thursday, Oct. 13 - Monday, Nov. 2, 2020
UCR Staff Assembly invites all UCR staff to participate in our annual Halloween costume contest! The contest is open now to Nov. 2nd. See the complete rules and categories below.
- Most participants
- Best theme
- Best solo costume
- People’s choice (most likes on Facebook)
- Staff Assembly’s choice
- Best home Halloween decorations
- Best family costume
- Best pet costume
STAFF ASSEMBLY DEPARTMENT HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST RULES
Costumes must be appropriate for work. We ask that all costume choices reflect cultural sensitivity by recognizing that costuming based on simplistic ethnic, racial, gender, religious, disability and other hurtful stereotypes disrespects cultural identities by reducing them to caricature.
- Minimum of one participant and maximum of 18 participants per photo.
- One photo submission per household/office/department/unit/immediate work group (pick your best photo).
- No Photoshop • No photo-illustration • No extensive Retouching.
Acceptable adjustments: Levels, brightness, contrast, curves, exposure, desaturate, instagram filters, VSCO filters etc.
Unacceptable extensive retouching - Example: Recoloring skin, photoshopping additional elements into photos, distorting, skewing, rotating, scaling, warping or perspective changing.
- Play fair, make it tasteful and be creative.
- Submission is due by 5pm on November 2. Please email your contest submission to email@example.com. (Note: This is a different process than previous years. You no longer have to post your photos to social media. We will post the photos for you.)
- Winners to be announced via social media.
- Caption your office scene theme and identify your department and individuals (we need to know who to grant the prize to if you win).
- Costumes do not have to be worn all day.
Questions? Contact Valerie Batlle at firstname.lastname@example.org